Deliver snails a knockout punch with the new and improved SLUGGER ULTRA 4.0®️!
Slug & Snail Bait ProductsGrowers have trusted ORCAL’s proven line of slug and snail bait for decades
Not all baits are created equal, and independent studies have shown that those offered by ORCAL outperform the competition. Snail and slug baits are where we got our start, and no one does it better!
Our powerful attractants will have slugs and snails in a feeding frenzy. Rest assured that the bait on which you are spending your hard-earned money, will get the job done.
- Excellent field visibility
- Uniform pellet size for even application
- Made in the USA
Slugs are a Serious Pest!
- An infested field might have as many as 500,000 slugs per acre
- Slugs ingest 1-2 times their body weight during feeding
- A heavy infestation can destroy several tons of crop per month
Slug Population Control is Crucial
- 4 slugs per square foot
- Average weight = .9 grams
- Slugs per acre (43,560 X 4) = 174,240
- Total mass of slugs (174,240 x .9 grams) = 156,816 grams
- This equals (156,816 grams/453.6 grams per pound) 345.4 lbs
- A slug can eat its body weight in a single feeding and usually feeds twice in a 24-hour period
- That equals 345.4 lbs to 690.8 lbs of biomass being eaten per day
Slug and Snail Control Measures
Metaldehyde Bait – With properly balanced hardness & attractant, metaldehyde bait is the most efficacious product on the market today. It has dual action, poisoning the pest either through ingestion or foot uptake.
Liquid Metaldehyde – Very effective at controlling foraging slugs. Because of complete coverage of the field and plants, there are millions of source points for the slugs to either ingest or contact – both of which are lethal.
Sulfur Bait – This single mode of action soft chemistry bait controls feeding slugs and requires ingesting a lethal dose, which is the same MOA as the iron baits